Scope and Internals
The WAND Finance and Investment Taxonomy covers all the major topics and concepts of the financial industry. It includes 1526 categories and 1006 synonyms covering topics related to asset types, financial intermediaries, financial crimes, regulations, benchmarks, analysis tools, and markets and exchanges.
Customization and Extension
The WAND Finance and Investment taxonomy can be easily customized by personalizing the thesaurus with complementary lexicons. It can also be exploited in combination with the TEMIS Smart Taxonomy Facilitator (STF) Skill Cartridge® Framework to create a Skill Cartridge® focused on Finance and Investment topics.
STF adds two distinctive features to the thesaurus-based extraction :
- Fuzzy Term Matching that produces and recognizes variants of thesaurus terms, minimizing silence and increasing recall
- Relevance Scoring, that evaluates the contextual relevance of each recognized term, discarding the less relevant ones improving precision. Relevance Scoring exploits a range of heuristics, including statistics and part-of-speech tagging.
Adjusting STF Fuzzy-Term Matching and Relevance Scoring parameters or retraining the Skill Cartridge®'s statistical models to adapt to a corpus that is specifically representative of your content will enable you to adjust semantic enrichment behavior.
A typical use case for the WAND Finance and Investment Taxonomy is the semantic enrichment of financial industry research so users can quickly find the data they are looking for with :
- Hierarchical facets for enhancing search and browsing
- Document recommendations based on indexed terms
- Topic Pages or Topical collections focusing on specific thematic hierarchies of the taxonomy